Sunday, June 10, 2012

Get BETTER Mr. Simon Cowell!!! Stories of Bronchitis, Funny Business and Perhaps Missed Opps...

Get BETTER Mr. Simon Cowell!

No really, LOUIS has the X Factor! Sick Simon Cowell flies Mr Walsh to the US by private jet to cover for him at auditions.

Sooooo...Good Morning y'all -- HAPPY SUNDAY FUNDAY!!!  WOOT!

I was just thinking about Simon's cold as I was shaving (I guess I do a lot of thinking whilst I shave and shower). LOL.  It's true.  The man, I bet, is probably a SUPER NICE dood -- yet always gets a "bad rap" cuz he has to play the "bad guy" on TV.  But "who the hell cares"??  It's TV...and he's A JUDGE...and he's signing away5 million DOLLARS!!!  Of course he's not going to be all "nicey - nice".  It's HIS JOB TO BE THE TOUGH GUY!!!
Then, I was thinking about bronchitis...  Let's just say -- IT SUCKS!!!!  It takes FOREVER to get over.  And when I've had that terrible BRONCHIAL INFECTION...all I wanted was for someone to point a rifle in between my eyes and pull the trigger -- LOL.  (Dramatic -- I know...but it's not fun...like I said.)  
And then I was thinking about how I HAD A BRONCHIAL INFECTION during the Los Angeles Auditions of XFACTOR in Downtown LA...for SEASON 1.  No Joke!  True Story!!!  I'm actually kinda glad I had to leave bc it was RAINING on me and there were no port-a-potties to relieve yourself in...at the audition.  The crowd never went inside -- after hours of me standing there anyway.  And I was coughing so hard and my stomach was -- well...let's just say it WAS NOT A GOOD SITUATION...  Alas -- like I mentioned, I left...  I ended up watching the show anyway -- and to be perfectly honest -- I'm glad I wasn't on bc I didn't feel like the first season was at all good...it was odd...and I didn't feel like the talent I witnessed was truely all that compelling (no offense).
Here were the pictures from SEASON 1 Los Angeles Auditions (Downtown LA) when I went ...check 'em out...
 
THEN...for SEASON 2 (first ROUND of XFactor Auditions in San Francisco)...I got 2 phone calls from Producers after I applied to go to the auditions and sing infront of judges.  Yes -- I got 2 PHONECALLS?!?!  
Did I know or EVEN THINK ANYONE WOULD CALL ME???  NOT.  AT.  ALL...  Unfortunately -- when I got the call, I HAD A BRONCHIAL INFECTION (with a little bit of a sinus infection mixed in)...and I had to give the bad news to the production assistant on the other end of the line.  At the time, I didn't think ANYTHING of it bc I felt like DOG!!!  Now I think about it and go..."Omg.  YOU ARE THE UNLUCKIEST PERSON ON EARTH!!!!" 

But then I thought -- coulda been a blessing in disguise bc I really, honestly, have NOT sung for AN AUDITION in over a year.  And at that time...I hadn't sung a PEEP in any capacity really -- for that amount of time either.  I wasn't really prepared mentally or physically to "audition" -- and you know what...I SUCK AT LIVE AUDITIONING.  With all of the chart topping achievement...all of the performing around the world on the GREAT WALL OF CHINA...the 9 MUSIC VIDEOS (one being on the 20th Century Fox Lot)...one OPENING the SPECIAL OLYMPICS SUMMER GAMES during the TORCH LIGHTING CEREMONY in Canada in a stadium seating 10,000+ spectators while performing on LIVE TELEVISION for ROGER's TV and COGECO Cable...and for as many MUSICAL THEATER productions I have GROWN UP SINGING...I just am NOT the greatest "auditioner"..allbeit -- I am VERY GOOD at my job.

So NOW -- they had opened an ONLINE AUDITIONING delio on their website where they would mimic the auditioning experience and capture video directly from the X FACTORY USA website .  What I decided to do was make the process kind of like -- a part of my REALITY SHOW...since I usually open ALL of my life up to you guys anyway...  So I posted a "webisode" of MY REHEARSAL and the ONLINE ACTUAL AUDITION PROCESS for y'all to check out!  All and all -- even though I hadn't sang in a very long time -- I felt I did "okay" -- and really...it ended up being a super fun experience.  After a VERY LONG TIME (over a year) of NOT SINGING A NOTE -- it was VERY NICE to actually be connected to myself -- my instrument -- and accomplish at least "getting 'er done" and uploading SOMETHING to be thrown into the "auditioning pot" for San Francisco Auditions around June 16th (or at least that's when I THINK X Factor will arrive here in the BAY AREA in Northern California).


Once again, do I think I will get called??  (Or did I ever...? LOL)  Uh...NO.  I've never had a proper record deal, I've never had a manager, I've only released music on my own -- and YEA...I've had LOTS OF SUCCESS with all of it -- writing, producing, performing, promoting it on my own or with indie dance promotions companies along the way...on my little indie imprint -- SOGNI RECORDS.  Sure, I can DEFINITELY do the job...  

But do I REALLY want to be BOO-ed at (lol, ya never know) or critiqued by one of my favorite performers of all time (Britney -- who I named a CUPCAKE AFTER - LOL) and have her send me off the stage??!?!  Noooo thanks!  OUCH!!!  That would hurt!  
The business is TOUGH AS NAILS -- and HARD ENOUGH as it is!!  Sometimes I CANNOT BELIEVE I am still fighting the good fight and IN IT AT ALL...LOL.  I seriously have met my share of heart ache and major adversity and I literally feel like I've been through 5 million WARS (except "CUPCAKE WARS"), had everything and then lost everything, etc, etc, etc...u know the whole cliche story -- I'm sure.  And that Demi Lovato....  That chick may look like she's all SUGAR AND SPICE and sweet as pie -- but don't let the flourescent outfits, cute little skirts, and the Disney treatment fool you !!!  That chick is ROUGH!!!   I saw her judge a boyband on YOUTUBE through www.breatheheavy.com -- and let me tell ya... SHE WILL CUTCHYOU!!!   I DO NOT wanna catch her on a BAD DAY!!!  Like, slice and dice -- FOR REALZ!!!  LOL...

I think it's FUNNY that I'm MORE AFRAID of being sent packin' by DEMI or given the BOOT by "Judge-NEY"...than I am afraid of Mr. Cowell.  Who'dathunkit??

Anyhoo -- the phone has not rang yet so I'm almost sure I will not get a call...so there's really NOTHING to worry about anyway. :)  Doesn't matter though.  It was really just fun to Audition on May 18th and post my video (right before the cut-off at around 1030pm/1130pm at night -- HAHA!!!  Better late than never.).  Plus, if I DID THE SHOW -- I would need my dancers back from Australia (Janelle Vaccarro and the rest) -- performing with me every night I did the show anyway...LOL.  I'd be a pain in the ass probably (JUST JOKING!!) -- bc I'd treat the show less like a competition -- and more like my own little private concert I would be giving (NOT KIDDING ABOUT THAT ONE) -- every single week!  LOL.  And I would totally have to be GUARANTEED there would be no "funny business", NO drama, NO sabotage, NO headgame-playing, NO dirty tricks, and NO B.S.   Ya know...none of the usual music industry bullshizeration that I put up with on a daily basis...LOL.

Nevertheless...FEEL BETTER SIMON!!!  Hang in there bud!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment